What’s the Shockey Difference? It’s the unmatched integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction we bring to every project and every relationship. It’s the respect we bring to each interaction with our customers, suppliers, partners, and each other. Throughout our 60 years of experience in the production and erection of precast concrete, the Shockey Difference is what continues to set us above the competition.
Design Assistance / Preconstruction Services
Early involvement –it’s what we do. Working with the project design team from the beginning stages of design development enables us to help create a design that meets the financial and aesthetic needs of the owner. Our typical design-assist services include:
• Prepare and update budget estimates.
• Participate in constructability reviews.
• Support value engineering options.
• Attend meetings with the A/E design team as required.
• Provide assistance to the A/E design team in the form of construction details, loading concepts, product samples, and drawings from similar products.
• Participate in regular communication with the A/E design team during the development of design through 100% Construction Documents.
• Use BIM to provide 3D project models.
Our Engineering department has played an integral role in the development of BIM for the precast industry and we’re committed to remaining at the forefront of BIM technology. That commitment has made us instrumental in the advancement and use of BIM throughout the precast industry. Our extensive knowledge and use of BIM technology means we can maximize the effectiveness of this valuable integration tool to ensure smooth project flow and open team communication.