The Shockey Difference – it’s the unmatched integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction that Shockey Precast brings to every project and every relationship. It’s our dedication to providing general contractors and owners a single point of contact for the full range of precast activities, from initial coordination and design through turnover of the building to the owner. It’s the quality and care our people bring to every interaction with our customers. Throughout our 60 years of experience in the production and erection of precast concrete, the Shockey Difference is what continues to set us above the competition.
Design Assistance / Preconstruction Services
Early involvement –it ‘s what we do. How early? We specialize in working with the project design team from the beginning stages of design development. Our early involvement enables us to make recommendations toward a design that best serves the financial and aesthetic needs of the owner. Our typical design-assist services include:
• Prepare and update budget estimates.
• Participate in constructability reviews.
• Support value engineering options.
• Attend meetings with the A/E design team as required.
• Provide assistance to the A/E design team in the form of construction details, loading concepts, product samples, and drawings from similar products.
• Participate in regular communication with the A/E design team during the development of design through 100% Construction Documents.
• Use BIM to provide 3D project models.
Our Engineering department has played an integral role in the development of BIM for the precast industry through its partnership with TEKLA Structures. Our commitment to remaining at the forefront of BIM technology has made us instrumental in the advancement and use of BIM throughout the precast industry. Our extensive knowledge and use of BIM technology means we can maximize the effectiveness of this valuable integration tool to ensure smooth project flow and open team communication.